"Bless the Lord, o my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy Name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life fro the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle." ~ Psalm 103: 1-5
My friend Bryan and I were talking the other night about jobs, relationships, life, etc. We've been friends since high school and so we've seen each other's lives change over the years. He jokingly gave me this "homework assignment" since he's back in the school mode, but I decided to turn it into a post. He asked me to define happiness on my terms. It's funny, because I think my ideas of happiness are so different than a lot of the world's ideas of happiness. Plus, I'm not sure I answered his question in the way he wanted, but we'll see. So these are my definitions.
* being submitted to the Lord knowing that He is able to use you fully because you aren't in His way.
* not having everything that you want or that the world tells you to have, but knowing that you have everything you'll ever need.
* knowing that the person you have promised to share the rest of your life with loves the Lord above you because that's the only way he can learn how to love you as his spouse.
* resting in the fact that the same person you have promised yourself to is human just as you are.
* being told that the little things you did made huge impacts on a person's life... even when most of the time you didn't realize you did such things.
* having dreams that you believe the Lord will fulfill one day that involves many children.
* having friends who don't leave when you screw up royally... even daily.
* loving on students and children who may never have someone hug them at home.
* being asked to and being able to pray for and over someone.
These are just a few thoughts... but it makes me stop and think about where I find my happiness.
What is happiness to you?