The Top 10 Things I learned in 2010 from working at the Mission:
1. Toothbrush holders are more valuable than gold.
2. Bookbags/cloth bags are more valuable than toothbrush holders.
3. Men gossip just as much as women.
4. The more you have to call 911, the less anxious you get while doing it.
5. Firemen are really nice.
6. The saying, “don’t judge a book by its cover” is the most profound statement you can ever hold onto.
7. When you’re the only unmarried female on staff, the men on staff tend to adopt you as a little sister or daughter…. Lord, please prepare and be with the man who decides to accept the challenge of marriage with me.
8. Just because someone claims they are from a church, don’t automatically assume they will portray the attitude and characteristics of Jesus.
9. There really is no traffic when you drive to work at 4am on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Of course, there is nothing on the radio at that time either.
10. A simple smile and look in the eyes can change a person’s whole day.