Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Advice from a good friend....

What you talking about, Willis?

So many times in life we let our jobs, family, money issues, whatever just bog us down. The Lord has everything worked out in His timing and will supply for our every need.
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:19
He provides the clothes on our backs, a shelter over our head, even the very food we need to sustain us from day to day...



My friend, Max, enjoys his food and would offer to share with anyone he met. I visited with him on Friday evening, well technically with his mom but who's keeping a record. We all enjoyed a meal together and he wanted me to make sure I had bread. His mom can testify that many times he offered me a piece of his bread, though I politely declined seeing as he had already enjoyed it as the picture above shows.

We need to hold onto the things in this life as loosely as we can. Scripture tells us that our treasures are bound in Heaven. Things we hold on to here will fade away. They are meaningless! We need to trust that the Lord will provide for us. Children often teach us how to enjoy the life the Lord has given to us.
Thanks Max for reminding me of the story of David and Goliath and reminding me how many stones it took David to kill Goliath. Also for reminding me that God supplies what you need, right when you need it just like He did with David.

Many times the Lord surprises us with blessings we didn't expect from Him.


At times, things may not go just as we had planned, but we are to remember He has our best in mind. Be slow to anger, slow to speak and quick to listen.


The Lord smiles on His children and desires to give us good things. Sometimes even a candy house with our sister. Right Max? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha. pretty cool. God uses max to remind me of things all the time that i would normally overlook! children are truly a blessing and you are to us, as well!