Friday, July 2, 2010

Good start to a Friday morning!

I really need to start adding pictures to this blog. No, but I want to share with others my interesting morning. My dad and I stopped to get gas this morning and I always go in to pay. I walked through the door. The man behind the counter screamed something as he then ran to the back of the store.

I stand there not quite sure what to do. I wait about a minute and a half and this other man emerges from the back room carrying a display to put on the counter. He slowly puts the display on the counter, changes the placement, adjusts the display...all the while I'm thinking "dude, come on I'm going to be late to work!". Well i finally pay for the gas so my dad can start filling the car. I walk away from the counter to get something to drink and a snack for the day. I come back up to the counter with a bottle of mountain dew, a pack of crackers (for breakfast) and a mid-morning sweet snack. He rings everything up and says "$1.09". I thought he said $21.09, so I asked him to repeat it. I looked at the price on the register and he said "$1.09". I thought... do I argue with him?

I don't, pay the man $1.09 and gather my items to leave. I'm sure he simply made a mistake because he definitely got jipped! But hey, I got a discount. Yeah for great happenings on a Friday morning!! :)

No comments: